Established in 1985, Hilldrop Bed and Breakfast has 25 luxury garden cottages on a magnificent equestrian property situated 4km from the center of Newcastle. Each room is individually theme decorated, fully equipped and has a home from home atmosphere. Our guests comfort and well being is our number one priority. Our bed and breakfast has been four-star graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa and has been endorsed by the AA Quality Assured Accommodation in its “SUPERIOR” category. It is ideal for tourists and business travellers with high security, ample safe parking and remote control access.
Your hosts Julie and Douglas Welsh are well known equestrian personalities and keep their stable of top competition jumping horses on the property.
Facilities & Service
Hilldrop Bed and Breakfast is situated on a magnificent equestrian property, 4km from the centre of Newcastle, in a richly historical area near old home of Sir Rider Haggard. Newcastle itself is nestled amongst famous Anglo-Boer war battlefields such as Amajuba Mountain. The bed and breakfast offers 25 luxury garden cottages and a beautiful guests’ dining room (THE LAPA) with seating for 40 and a flat screen television.
Our facilities include:
– 25 well appointed garden cottages
– rooms individually theme decorated
– all rooms with en suite bathrooms
– rooms available with DSTV (hotel package) and air-conditioning
– Wifi connections available
– tea and coffee facilities in all rooms
– mini fridge in all rooms
– secure property with remote access
– swimming pool
– laundry done on request
– braai facilities available on request
– airport transfers available on request
– close proximity to many restaurants and tourist sites in the area, and to the new Century Casino
– credit cards accepted
– you are welcome to watch our horses being trained
Our resident chef, Terry, will serve you a delicious breakfast to keep you going all day. Dinner is available on request and you will be invited to join the family in their spacious and elegant home for pre dinner drinks around the fire in winter. We can offer airport transfers and are in close proximity of most restaurants.
Start the day with a delicious, home-cooked English breakfast, or if you prefer, cereals, yoghurt and fruit. Enjoy fruit juice, tea and coffee with your breakfast. By arrangement, enjoy pre-dinner drinks around the fire in winter or on the patio in summer before Terry serves you a delicious home-cooked dinner.